About Me : "And we know that all things work together for them who love God" Romans 8:28

My photo
Washington, DC, United States

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Let's Talk about Balance...Have You Considered Working from Home?

Written By Monica Rowland
http://budurl.com/wealthinwellness


How many of you have considered working from home? Working from home is probably the single most effective change that I made when learning to balance my life financially, physically, and spiritually. It gave me more freedom and flexibility. It also allowed me to pursue some of the tings I love to do most. Like writing (hence this blog!), reading, exercise, and spending quality time with my friends and family.

Since working form home I have accomplished a lot! For Example:
  • Started and managed my own consulting business in Recruiting, Sales and HR Management
  • Started my own non profit to help at risk pre-teen and teenage girls.
  • Started a foundation to help fund various causes I am interested in.
  • Wrote three children's books, and started my own publishing company.
  • Launched a completely green home cleaning company.
  • Launched a home based business marketing and promoting wellness products.
This was all in two years.... Now I am sure you are thinking..."Wow I am not sure if I want to even do all of that stuff!" And that's understandable... I happen to be a driven person, who loves a lot of projects at once. But I also believe in MULTIPLE STREAMS OF REVENUE. something I subscribed to sometime ago...but while working for others... especially away from the home, I could never quite garner up the energy to get it going!

If any of this sounds appealing to you. Start thinking.... Think about what you are good at. What are your transferable skills? How can you use them to make money? I guarantee you there are things you can do. Start off small... make a plan and keep it fluid. You may find that changes need to be made periodically to accommodate your family, or financial situation.

One thing I can promise you though...you cannot lose. Take advantage of the feeling of change that is in the air with the election of our new president, and begin investing in your financial security!

No comments: